Projects & Publications
A Ragtime Two-Step
Omeka project with Neatline interactive map and timeline for Professor James Coltrain’s ENGL 970: Digital History class at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
Community forestry management plan proposal submitted to the Lincoln Parks and Recreation
Department as part of Professor Eric North’s NRES 857: Greenspace and Forestry Management course. I authored Section 4: Tree Selection and Maintenance (pp. 31-41) and served as copyeditor and graphic designer. PDF version available for download.
Uses of the Malay particle la in elicited monologues versus casual conversation
International Symposium on Malay/Indonesian Linguistics 14, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, April 30, 2010.
John Robinson Prize for Scholarly Papers, for “Hope Against Hope: Queer Negativity, Possibility, and Hope as Phenomena,” 2022.
- UNL alum Aliza Brugger to screen selection of films at the Ross – November 1, 2022
- Schaffert receives Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Contributions to the LGTBQA+ Community – April 18, 2022
- Brooke receives University of Nebraska’s highest teaching award – April 11, 2022
- Mellon grant powers vital initiative in African poetry – August 4, 2021
- Jiménez and García Merchant receive Mellon Grant to archive Puerto Rican literature – May 24, 2021
- Shakespeare students craft unique final project after classes move online – June 24, 2020
- Swift pursues poetry, scholarship through UCARE and Charles Chesnutt – April 22, 2019
- Lantern Float honors survivors and victims of the atomic bomb – August 3, 2018